Personal Injury Lawyers for Maui, Hawaii
The team of personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner serves the residents of Maui County (including Molokai and Lanai) as well as visitors and is known as one of the most effective car accident and medical malpractice law practices in Hawaii. Our sought-after attorneys have a track record of successful settlements for serious injury and accident cases. Throughout our 40 years, our legal team has a reputation for providing compassionate care and unparalleled customer service. Above all, we have a passion for justice, and we care deeply about the people we represent.
Our number one mission is to pursue the largest verdict and settlement for your case, and we will continue fighting until our clients receive the amount they deserve. If you or a loved one on Maui has been in involved in a car, motorcycle, moped, bicycle, or pedestrian accident, a slip & fall accident, or other types of major accidents, contact the personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner for a free consultation. We are here for you 24 hours a day.
Types of Personal Injury Cases for Maui, Hawaii
The experienced legal team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner are equipped to handle many types of personal injury claims. We have represented clients throughout Maui County in cases including:
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Car accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Construction and worksite accidents
- Dog bites
- Injuries caused by drunk drivers
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle and moped accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Personal Injury Protection
- Product liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
Your health is our number one priority. If you have a claim you would like to discuss, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (808) 537-2525 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Let Our Personal Injury Law Team Go To Work For You
No one can predict when or where a major accident will happen. Whether you live in Kahului, Kihei, Lahaina, Wailuku, Hana, Haiku, or anywhere on Maui or even Molokai or Lanai, you will receive the full attention, energy and resources needed to fight to recover the maximum compensation. While the main office is in Honolulu, our car accident attorneys are available by phone or online 24hrs a day and are also available to fly to Maui to assist you.
Over the decades, it has been an honor to have our client’s trust. We understand how a serious accident can disrupt all aspects of life. That’s why we devote everything to fighting your case, so you can focus on what is most important to you – your recovery and putting the pieces of your life back together.
Our clients trust Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner for our reputation for respect, compassion and results.
- We will fight on your behalf as long as necessary to seek maximum compensation under the law.
- We will draw upon our extensive network of professional experts in a variety of fields such as medical, mechanical, and engineering to prove liability and secure damages you are entitled to.
- We will be by your side every step of the way answering any questions, updating you about your case, and helping you get access to top medical specialists.
- We will manage all communication with insurance companies and handle all negotiations to get you the best possible outcome.
- We will win your case, or you pay no fee.
We take what we do very seriously and always try to go the extra mile to ensure the people we help get the results they deserve.
Common Causes of Auto Collisions on Maui, Hawaii
Each day thousands of Maui residents and tourists use the Honoapiilani Highway, Maui Veterans Highway, and Hana Highway, as well a network of city streets and rural roadways. When a traffic accident occurs, the police try to assess the cause while working to clear the roadway and get traffic moving again. The Hawaii motor vehicle accident report lists a few possible causes including human factors, vehicle factors, road conditions, and other factors. Certain types of car accidents happen frequently on Maui and may be caused by:
- Driver error
- Failure to yield
- Driver impairment
- A poorly maintained car
- A dangerous road condition
After a car accident, you turn to your car insurance for compensation to repair your vehicle and pay medical bills. If the accident was the other driver’s fault, you seek compensation through the other driver’s auto liability insurance.
Because Hawaii is a no-fault state, your car insurance carrier is expected to pay for your injuries and your passengers’ injuries up to the limits of your policy’s Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. Because “no-fault” applies to injuries, not to vehicles or property, the at-fault driver’s insurance is responsible for damages to your vehicle. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM), the coverage protects you if the other driver does not have enough insurance to compensate you for your injuries.
In addition to your PIP insurance, Hawaii personal injury law allows an injured person to file a lawsuit seeking compensation for losses if:
- The cost of the injuries exceeds PIP limits.
- The injuries include significant permanent loss of use of a body part or function.
- The claimant has been permanently and seriously disfigured resulting in mental or emotional distress.
Such a claim can be a long process that is draining, confusing, and disheartening if you try to do it by yourself. Without a knowledgeable drunk driving accident attorney, a person can feel overwhelmed by the weight of the entire process. That’s why the car accident attorneys of Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner work tirelessly to recover damages for residents and visitors of Maui, Molokai or Lanai.
What to do after a motor vehicle or pedestrian accident on Maui
If you are involved in a car, motorcycle, moped or pedestrian accident caused by another driver, the action taken at the time of the collision can make a significant difference in the outcome of your claim.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow:
- Call 911 for emergency services – police and ambulance.
- Check your passenger for injuries.
- Take photos of the scene, vehicles involved, and skid marks.
- Share insurance information with the other driver.
- Do not make admissions, statements, or sign anything.
- Do not make any comment about whether you have sustained an injury, as some injuries are not apparent.
- Visit your doctor for a prompt medical examination if you did not require emergency medical care because a doctor’s report documents your condition and/or injuries.
- Take names, addresses, and phone numbers of witnesses.
- Call a Maui personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal rights.
When another driver’s carelessness or disregard for safety causes a car accident, the people injured may seek compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. We believe you should never have to pay for another person’s negligence. The personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner work hard to obtain full compensation that reflects the seriousness of your injuries. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident on Maui, call us today at 808-537-2525. The call is free and we’re available 24 hours a day.