If you have been injured due to another person's negligence in Kapolei, you need a solid legal team. Our Hawaii personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you take legal action. Contact our Honolulu law firm today to get started.
Every day, innocent people are harmed in accidents in Hawaii and throughout Kapolei. Quite often, these accidents have a life-altering impact on those involved. These accidents frequently leave people with painful injuries that require extensive medical care. Having to go through months of treatment while being unable to work can be physically and financially exhausting.
In nearly every case, injured parties are approached by insurance companies and offered settlements that barely cover the costs of medical care, let alone any lost wages or other expenses and losses they face. Rather than accepting any offer presented to you after an accident, you must seek the guidance of a knowledgeable legal team who will fight with you side-by-side to take on the insurance company and ensure you get the complete and timely compensation you deserve.
Seeking legal assistance from an experienced personal injury lawyer can make a significant difference in your ability to obtain justice after your accident. Our Hawaii personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner have decades of experience helping injured parties get justice following accidents in Kapolei and across the City and County of Honolulu, HI. Our lawyers can help you seek the total compensation you are entitled to help alleviate some of the costs you face due to your accident.
If you have suffered injuries caused by another person’s negligent actions, contact our Honolulu law firm to schedule a free consultation as soon as possible to get started on your case.
Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
When faced with any pressing legal issue, you must have a strong advocate in your corner. Working with a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer from Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can make a significant difference in your ability to protect your legal rights.
Although you are not obligated to retain representation from a personal injury lawyer, making such a choice can dramatically affect your ability to obtain a favorable outcome for your personal injury claim. Our Hawaii personal injury lawyers have successfully handled a wide range of legal matters for our clients.
Some of the personal injury cases we have handled for our clients include those involving:
Motor vehicle accidents: Every day, innocent people are injured due to motor vehicle accidents caused by negligent motorists. When drivers are speeding, impaired, or otherwise careless, they risk the lives of innocent people. Some common types of auto accidents that we see in Kapolei include:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Moped and Motorcycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) cases
Medical malpractice: In Hawaii, people who suffer injuries due to medical malpractice can file personal injury claims against the at-fault party. If you are injured as a result of a negligent doctor, nurse, or another medical professional, you must reach out to a medical malpractice attorney in Honolulu as soon as possible. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can help you secure the maximum compensation for your lawsuit. Some types of medical malpractice that we see here in the City and County of Honolulu include:
- Emergency room error
- Nursing error
- Diagnostic error
- Hospital malpractice (faulty policies or practices)
- Birth injury
- Surgical negligence
- Laboratory error
- Anesthesia malpractice
- Medication / Pharmaceutical error
Premises liability accidents: People in Kapolei visit homes and businesses across the island daily. Although property owners must offer safe locations for their guests to enjoy, we continue to see innocent people harmed due to their negligence. If you are harmed due to an accident while visiting another person’s home or business, you may have legal options available to help you recover. Some common types of premises liability accidents we see include:
- Dangerous pets
- Dog attacks/bites
- Slippery sidewalks
- Falling trees or branches
- Malfunctioning equipment
- Loose or displaced roofing materials
- Unmarked wet or hazardous floors
- Poor lighting
- Inadequate security measures
- Broken or missing stair railing
- Potholes/broken ground surfaces
- Sharp objects that are exposed
- Swimming pool accidents
- Broken staircases or ladders
- Uncovered/open wells
- Open drainage ditches
- Unstable/unsecured furniture
- Exposed wiring
- Toxic fumes/chemicals
Catastrophic injury: More than 300,000 people in the United States suffer from a traumatic brain injury each year. Hundreds of thousands of others suffer debilitating and catastrophic injuries in various accidents. Whether you were harmed in a vehicle collision, while on the job, or in an accident while visiting a business in Kapolei, you must understand the legal options available to help you. Some common catastrophic injuries that we see residents across the City and County of Honolulu suffer from each year include:
- Burn injury
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Severe back injuries
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
- Loss of limbs
Wrongful death: Losing a loved one due to the actions of another party is often the most challenging situation a person can face, and it is only made worse by the high expenses that follow. A wrongful death claim can help you obtain compensation for costs such as burial fees, funeral arrangements, loss of companionship, services, inheritance, and more. If your family member died because of another person’s negligence, our personal injury lawyers can help your family pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party.
Additionally, our personal injury lawyers have extensive experience litigating various other types of personal injury cases for clients in Kapolei, including:
- Product liability cases
- Parasailing and other boating accidents
- Scuba and snorkeling accidents
- Helicopter accidents
- Ocean drowning incidents
No matter what type of accident you have been injured in, you can rely on a passionate personal injury attorney at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner to help you prove your case and get justice.
After your accident, it is in your best interest to seek legal guidance immediately. Waiting can prevent you from recovering complete and timely compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens you face from your accident.
Our lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience to discuss your case and determine whether a personal injury claim can help you get justice.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
If you have suffered a severe injury due to an accident, seeking assistance from a premium personal injury lawyer is one of the best things you can do for yourself. No matter what type of accident you were harmed in, it is only fitting that you can recover financially from the person who is responsible.
Our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner know how difficult it can be for victims and their families to pick up the broken pieces of their lives and put them back together again after being seriously injured in an accident. For this reason, we are committed to taking the legal battle off their shoulders so they can focus on their health and wellbeing, physically and mentally, without worry.
After meeting for a free consultation, our personal injury attorneys will get to work immediately on building your case. We know insurance companies play games to avoid paying injured parties the money they need and deserve. For this reason, we go to great lengths to ensure each client has the most robust case possible.
Our team will go to the scene of your accident to gather evidence. We will take pictures, record videos, and recover surveillance footage from nearby homes and businesses. Our attorneys will leave no stone unturned when creating the most substantial legal claim possible for you.
After gathering evidence from the scene, we will solidify our findings by working with reconstructionists who can recreate the accident to uncover critical details. If you were harmed in a motor vehicle accident, for example, these experts can recreate your crash to show the speeds of each vehicle, weather conditions, and other contributing factors.
We will speak with witnesses and take testimony from them. A third-party statement that supports your argument is invaluable, especially against insurance companies who will do everything they can to shift the blame from their policyholder onto you.
Our personal injury attorney will aggressively negotiate compensation on your behalf. We will argue that the money we are demanding for you is precisely what you need to cover your losses and damages, and we will present adequate evidence to support this. If the insurance company will not budge and agree to compensate you for your losses fairly, our lawyers will fight in court to prove your case to a judge and jury.
Our Hawaii personal injury attorneys will go to great lengths to protect your legal rights and advocate on your behalf to ensure your best interests are protected.
If you have been injured in an accident, seeking guidance from our team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner is the best thing you can do to protect your legal rights and get justice.
Our lawyers will meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience and handle your case on a contingency fee basis. Contact our law firm in Honolulu to get started on your case.
Damages Available for Your Personal Injury Case
If you have suffered injuries caused by another person’s negligence, the best thing you can do to ensure your legal rights are protected is to retain representation from a skilled premium personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Taking legal action right away can help you have the most robust case possible with all the evidence necessary to hold the defendant responsible for their reckless, negligent, or malicious actions.
By prevailing on your personal injury lawsuit, you will be able to collect money to cover the losses and damages you face due to your accident. To get justice, you must prove that the elements of negligence existed during your accident. Working with a skilled legal team in Honolulu, HI, will ensure your case can demonstrate all aspects of negligence to get justice for you.
Our personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner are deeply committed to helping our clients secure the maximum financial compensation possible for their lawsuits. Some of the damages we can help you seek compensation for include:
- Medical expenses: You will most likely have to undergo medical treatment after being injured in a severe accident. Whether you require hospitalization, surgery, or immediate care, our personal injury lawyers will help you get the money you need to cover these costs.
- Long-term care costs: If you suffered catastrophic injuries due to your accident, there is a good chance that you will need to use medical devices, medication, and various other long-term treatments. Our personal injury lawyers will help you secure the compensation needed to cover therapy costs, rehabilitation expenses, and more.
- Lost wages: If you must take time off work to recover from your injuries, our lawyers will help you get the money you need and deserve to cover your lost wages.
- Lost earning capacity: If you were left permanently disabled due to your accident, our personal injury attorneys will help you recover total compensation for your lost earnings over your lifetime. We will work with experts who can calculate the money you should have earned over your career.
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged in an accident, your home was destroyed in a fire, or you suffered significant property damage due to a defective product, our lawyers will help you get the money you need to repair or replace your property.
- Pain and suffering: The time after an accident can leave you feeling hopeless and helpless. Many injured parties struggle to move forward. Painful physical injuries can undoubtedly take a mental and emotional toll. For this reason, our personal injury lawyers will help you seek compensation for the pain and suffering you experience due to your injuries.
Being harmed in an accident can impact nearly every aspect of your life. Trying to overcome painful physical and emotional injuries can be draining. However, our goal at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner is to help you obtain the financial compensation needed to cover your losses and rebuild your life.
Schedule a free consultation with our premium personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case and the legal options available to help you.
Determining the Value of Your Personal Injury Case
After being involved in an accident, you may wonder how much your personal injury lawsuit is worth. You must understand that there is no straightforward answer to this question. Instead, various factors are taken into consideration when it comes to determining the amount of compensation you can recover.
Five critical factors in determining the amount of money you can seek for damages include:
- The amount of medical bills you have related to your injuries: Monetary damages, like medical expenses, are often one of the most significant recoveries injured parties obtain. When you think about it, injuries can quickly result in tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses. If you suffer from a spinal cord injury or another injury that requires extensive medical care, the costs can be well over $100,000.
- Future medical expenses: If you have to go through therapy, rehabilitation, and other long-term treatments for your injuries, you are able to seek total compensation to ensure you are able to receive the treatment, medication, and medical devices you require for the rest of your life.
- Your pain and suffering: If your injuries significantly impact your quality of life, it will be a driving factor in how much compensation you can recover. Losing a limb, being blinded, or even being paralyzed as a result of an accident can dramatically impact the quality of your life. As such, you can recover significantly more money for these damages.
- Loss of past wages: You can seek compensation for all your lost wages if you must take extensive time off work to recover from your injuries. Considering some people must spend several weeks to months off work to recover, lost wages can quickly add up.
- Loss of future earning capacity: If you were left permanently disabled due to your accident, you can seek compensation for the earnings you miss out on throughout your career. Our legal team works with experts who can accurately calculate the amount of lost wages you experience based on your job, your potential for promotions, your level of education, and various factors.
Our Hawaii personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner have extensive knowledge surrounding personal injury law in our state. We also have the resources to take on even the largest insurance companies.
Following your accident, our lawyers will work with a team of experts to prove your losses and damages and fight to help you get the maximum compensation available for your lawsuit.
Helping Those Harmed in Automobile Wrecks
Every day, serious motor vehicle accidents occur across the City and County of Honolulu. These accidents often leave those with significant injuries requiring immediate medical attention. Unfortunately, we see many accidents caused by drivers who engage in reckless and negligent actions while operating their vehicles.
There are a variety of accident types that we see across our state each year, including:
- Car Accidents: Injuries caused by car accidents often require medical care. Often, we see people harmed due to drivers operating their vehicles intoxicated, distracted, or recklessly.
- Motorcycle Accidents: The picturesque landscape surrounding the Hawaiian Islands is undeniably beautiful, making riding a motorcycle even more pleasurable. However, riding alongside reckless and negligent motorists can have life-changing consequences. We see many motorcyclists harmed due to drivers who cut them off, switch lanes recklessly and fail to yield the right of way.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Given the high concentration of tourists throughout the City and County of Honolulu, it is no surprise that we see our fair share of foot traffic. Although we want to believe that people can walk to their destinations safely, we continue to see pedestrians harmed by speeding drivers and those who fail to yield.
- Truck Accidents: Box trucks, semi-trucks, and other commercial vehicles are vital to our state’s economy. These vehicles deliver products to companies and homes across the island. Although they are beneficial to the progress of Hawaii, they can cause devastating accidents. Accidents involving semi-trucks and large commercial vehicles often result in catastrophic injuries for those involved.
No matter what type of auto accident you were involved in, it is crucial that you seek legal guidance from a skilled personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. You may be able to pursue a personal injury case against the at-fault driver.
Our lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner are committed to helping accident victims get justice by demanding total and timely compensation from those who cause them harm. Our lawyers will fight to help you get justice after being harmed and remain by your side every step of the way.
Working With an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
Navigating the complex legal system can be intimidating and highly overwhelming. Finding a solid legal team can be a stressful experience. However, our personal injury lawyers are here to help you find answers and create solutions that help you move forward.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we take pride in our close connections with our clients. We are proud of the dedicated and individualized representation we provide to each injured party we represent. Residents of Kapolei know they can truly depend on our law firm to help them achieve a favorable outcome for their lawsuits and the maximum amount of financial compensation possible.
Our Hawaii personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner understand how challenging it can be to deal with physical and mental difficulties in the aftermath of an injury-causing accident in Kapolei. For this reason, our attorneys are committed to handling the personal injury claims process to ensure an individual who sustained injuries in an accident can focus on their recovery process.
Although no money can eliminate the painful consequences you have been forced to endure, it can help alleviate some of the financial burdens you were left with. Our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner understand how difficult it can be for victims and families to move forward following life-altering accidents. For this reason, our team is committing to helping injured parties get the compensation they need and deserve.
Our Hawaii law firm can help you get justice after suffering a severe injury due to another person’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions. Schedule a free consultation at our law firm in Honolulu as soon as possible to see how we can help you. Call (808) 537-2525 at your earliest convenience to get started on your case.