Kaanapali Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered serious injuries due to another person's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. Contact our personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner to discuss the legal options available for you.
No one wants to be in an accident, but serious injuries still occur all the time, no matter how careful you are. If you have been injured in an accident as a result of another person’s negligence, you may have legal options available to help you move forward.
Following an accident, it is crucial that you reach out to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible in order to make a complete financial recovery. A skilled law firm can help to ensure you are able to get justice and maximize the compensation that you need to recover.
Our lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner have decades of experience fighting to protect the legal rights of residents in Kaanapali and across Hawaii who have been harmed in accidents due to the negligence or recklessness of others. Following your accident, our personal injury attorneys will do everything in our power to help you get justice. Schedule a free consultation at our Hawaii law offices to discuss your case and the legal options available to help you move forward.
Services Our Personal Injury Attorney Can Provide
Our best lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner are dedicated to helping injured parties get justice. For this reason, we provide various services to each person we represent. Some of the services we can provide for you throughout the duration of your personal injury claim include:
- Investigating the accident and gathering evidence.
- Determining the total costs and losses you face.
- Handle communication with the insurance company.
- Demand pay from the responsible party for your damages.
- Filing all documents, requests, and petitions with the appropriate court.
- Represent you in a trial whenever necessary.
Our full-service personal injury law firm will fight to protect your legal rights and best interests every step of the way.
How is Liability Determined after an Accident?
When determining liability after an accident, a few things need to be considered.
First, it is essential to determine if another person’s actions were the direct cause of the accident. If so, that person may be held liable for any damages or injuries resulting from the accident.
Next, you will need to determine who is at fault for the accident. If you contributed to the accident occurring in any way, then liability may be split between you and the defendant. However, if one party was clearly more at fault than the other, they may be held responsible for a more significant portion of the damages.
In Hawaii, personal injury cases follow the doctrine of comparative negligence. This states that the amount of damages an injured party can recover by filing a personal injury claim can be reduced by the amount of fault they share. So long as the claimant is less than 51% at-fault, they will be able to recover compensation for some or all of the damages they face.
It is imperative to determine the type of damages that were suffered due to the accident. Seeking legal guidance from a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer after your accident can help to ensure you have the most robust case possible.
Our personal injury law firm, Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, can meet with you for a free consultation to discuss your case. We will help you identify who is liable for your injuries and damages and demand maximum compensation to help you move forward.
What Damages are Recoverable?
After being injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to recover financial compensation to alleviate the damages that you face. There are several types of damages that you can recover after your accident. In general, damages are categorized as either economic damages or non-economic damages. Some of the economic damages that you can recover include:
- Lost wages: If you have had to take time off work to recover from your injuries, you can recover compensation for the lost wages that you have endured. This can include wages you have lost due to your recovery, doctor appointments, or other reasons related to your accident.
- Lost earning capacity: If your injuries prevent you from returning to work, you may be entitled to compensation for lost earning capacity. This amount is generally calculated by taking into consideration your:
- Potential for promotions
- Level of education
- Amount of time you have left to work before retiring
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses include your medical bills for medical treatment, hospitalization, and surgery. Hospitalization and doctor appointments are also recoverable.
- Long-Term Care Expenses: After an accident in Kaanapali, you may be able to recover damages for your long-term care expenses. Long-term care expenses can include medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and any costs for medication and medical devices.
- Property Damage: Property damage can include the cost of repairs or replacement of your vehicle and the value of any items damaged in the accident.
Some of the non-economic damages that you can recover for your lawsuit include:
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering includes both the physical pain you experience as a result of your injuries and the mental anguish and emotional distress that comes with it.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: This may include being unable to participate in activities you once enjoyed or being unable to work and earn a living. While it may seem impossible to put a price tag on these kinds of losses, they can be significant and should be compensated accordingly.
- Emotional distress: Emotional distress is often related to trauma experienced after an accident. If you have been involved in a severe accident, you may suffer from anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These conditions can have a profound effect on your life and your ability to function on a day-to-day basis.
Seeking aggressive representation from our Hawaii personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Solder can help to ensure you are able to maximize the amount of compensation you are able to recover for your legal claim. Contact our personal injury law offices to schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience to discuss your case.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim
If your loved one has died as a result of the injuries that they suffered in an accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. These insurance claims allow surviving family members to seek financial compensation for various damages.
To file a wrongful death claim, families must first determine who is eligible to file the claim. In most cases, this will be the surviving spouse or domestic partner, child, or parent of the deceased. If there is no surviving family member, the executor of the deceased’s estate may be able to file the claim.
Once the eligible claimant has been determined, they will need to gather evidence to support their claim. This may include obtaining any medical records, police reports, statements from witnesses, and various other types of evidence. An experienced wrongful death attorney from Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help with this process and ensure that all deadlines are met.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our skilled personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner have decades of experience handling personal injury cases for residents of Kaanapali who have been harmed due to negligence. We handle an array of case types, including those involving:
- Car accident cases
- Medical malpractice claims
- Premises liability cases
- Slip and fall cases
- Dog attacks
- Motorcycle or moped accidents
- Recreational activity accidents
- Boating accidents
- Scuba diving accidents
- Helicopter accidents
Our skilled legal team at the personal injury law offices of Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help to investigate your accident, gather evidence, and fight for fair compensation on your behalf. Schedule a free consultation with our personal injury attorney as soon as possible to see how we can help you get justice.
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm
An accident in Kaanapali or anywhere in Hawaii can have a devastating impact on your life. Trying to deal with costly medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial burdens can be incredibly challenging. For this reason, it is crucial to seek legal guidance from our personal injury attorney at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner immediately.
For decades, our personal injury team has fought to protect the legal rights of victims harmed by negligent actors. We will fight to help you get justice and the money you need to cover your costs and losses.
Our personal injury lawyer can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience to determine the best course of action to help you move forward and get justice. We will take the legal work off your hands so you can focus on overcoming your injuries. Contact our Hawaii personal injury lawyers today at 808-537-2525 to get started on your case so we can help you get justice and recover the compensation you deserve.