Lanai City Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you or a loved one been harmed due to someone else’s negligence in Lanai City, Hawaii? You may be entitled to financial compensation. Our Hawaii personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you get justice. Schedule a free consultation today to get started.
Accidents occur daily in Lanai City and across Maui County, resulting in significant injuries and overwhelming financial consequences. No one can truly prepare for the overwhelming effects of an accident, and individuals who sustain severe injuries in accidents are frequently left to deal with difficult economic situations resulting from their injuries.
If you’ve been hurt due to an accident, legal options may be available to help you move forward. You must seek legal guidance from a knowledgeable personal injury law firm immediately to ensure you can get justice and receive compensation.
The skilled legal team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner has fought for decades to protect the legal rights and best interests of clients who have been injured in accidents in Lanai City, and across Hawaii.
Our lawyers know the ins and outs of dealing with personal injury matters, and our law firm is committed to helping injured parties recover fair compensation for their damages.
If you have been injured in Lanai City or have any other personal injury legal issue that you need to discuss, contact an experienced Hawaii personal injury attorney at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner today to schedule a free consultation. Our lawyers can meet with you to discuss your case and the legal options available to help you get justice. We offer free initial consultations, so don’t wait to contact us.
Damages You Can Recover with a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Personal injury lawsuits are a possible recourse against someone who has caused harm through negligent or malicious behavior. The legal system is more prevalent than ever to help people with their claims.
After being harmed in an accident, you can seek financial compensation for the damages that you face. Our Hawaii personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you see the maximum amount of monetary compensation for damages, such as:
- Lost Wages: If you’ve suffered injuries due to another person’s negligence, you can seek compensation for your lost wages. This can include back pay, front pay and any future earnings you would have earned.
- Lost Earning Capacity: If you have lost earning capacity due to an injury, you may be able to recover damages. This includes any money you would have made in the future if you cannot work indefinitely.
- Pain and Suffering: This is the most common type of damage in personal injury lawsuits. It refers to the emotional distress and physical impairment that those harmed experience due to their injuries. To win pain and suffering damages, injured parties need to show that their injuries have caused them significant emotional distress, ranging from feelings of humiliation, fear and anger to total devastation. Injured parties often experience physical impairment due to their injuries, which can result in towering medical expenses and lost wages.
- Emotional Distress: Emotional distress damages can also be significant in personal injury lawsuits. These damages are often awarded to claimants who have experienced extreme emotional distress due to their injuries. This can include feelings of anxiety, depression, and humiliation. An injured party must demonstrate that the injury itself caused the emotional distress.
- Loss of Consortium: Consortium is a term used in personal injury law that refers to the relationship between spouses. When one spouse is injured, the other may lose consortium with that spouse, which can lead to financial damages.
- Property Damages: If you suffered any losses or damages to your property, you might be able to recover the monetary compensation necessary to repair or replace it.
When you are injured, you may feel like nothing can be done to get your life back on track. However, the truth is that you may be able to recover damages through a personal injury lawsuit.
You must reach out to a Hawaii personal injury attorney at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner as soon as possible to schedule a free consultation to get started on recovering your losses.
Common Injuries Caused by Accidents in Lanai City
Accidents are an unavoidable part of life. Whether driving, working on a construction site, or just walking your dog outdoors, you’ll occasionally get hurt during your day. Unfortunately, accidents can be both painful and costly for those who sustain injuries.
Some common injuries reported by residents of Lanai City following accidents include:
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are common injuries that result from accidents in Lanai City. The most common fracture is the femur. Other common fractures include the upper arm bone, pelvis, wrists, and hips. These bones can easily break if the person is hit with force directly from behind or from below.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A spinal cord injury can cause paralysis from the neck down. This serious injury can impact nearly every aspect of your life.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are a leading cause of death and disability in the United States. They can occur as the result of any serious accident, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, falls and assaults. TBIs often involve significant damage to the brain. This damage can cause serious problems with thinking, memory, concentration, and movement. In some cases, sufferers may experience lifelong disabilities.
- Catastrophic injuries: In many cases, catastrophic injuries can result in severe disabilities that result in severe physical and emotional consequences. Catastrophic injuries are legally defined as an injury with “direct and proximate consequences” that “permanently prevent an individual from performing any gainful work.” In lay terms, a catastrophic injury is a type of injury that’s so severe that it leaves an individual with irrevocable, permanent damage.
- Severe Lacerations: These injuries can be significant and often result in nerve and muscle damage. In some cases, those harmed may be left with permanent scarring and disfigurements due to severe lacerations and cuts.
- Internal Organ Injuries: Internal organ injuries can be life-threatening and often require surgery to repair them. Some of the most common internal organ injuries in Lanai City accidents include broken ribs that cause pictured lungs, lacerations to the liver or intestines and ruptured spleens.
If you have been injured in an accident in Lanai City, don’t wait to seek medical help. Many of these injuries can become life-threatening quickly if not treated properly.
Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer from Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner as soon as possible to discuss your legal options and explore what compensation you may be entitled to. Our personal injury law firm can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience to get started.
Helping Residents Hurt by Medical Malpractice
Cases of medical malpractice are on the rise in Hawaii. There are many different types of medical malpractice, but some of the most common include:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Surgical errors
- Birth injuries
- Anesthesia errors
- Prescription errors
Individuals who sustain injuries due to medical malpractice are becoming more aware of their rights. You must be aware of your rights and legal options if you believe that you or a loved one has been hurt due to medical malpractice.
It is essential to know that medical malpractice cases are incredibly complex. For this reason, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of the facts before moving forward. It is also essential to recognize that, due to the complexity of these cases, they can take several years to resolve. Working with a skilled Hawaii medical malpractice attorney can help to ensure you have the best chances of getting justice and recovering timely compensation for your damages.
Our personal injury law firm, Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, has decades of experience protecting residents of Lanai City, Hawaii, who have been negatively affected by doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals who engage in negligent actions.
Scheduling a free consultation with our experienced personal injury lawyer at your earliest convenience can help to ensure you have the best chances of getting justice after being harmed.
Cases our Personal Injury Law Firm Handles
In addition to medical malpractice cases, our law firm has decades of experience helping people harmed in motor vehicle accidents. These include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian crashes
Other personal injury cases we handle for injured parties include those involving:
- Premises liability incidents
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator incidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Chemical exposure incidents
- Physical assault cases
- Recreational activity accidents
- Helicopter incidents
- Hiking incidents
- Boating incidents
- Skydiving accident cases
Our Hawaii injury lawyers have handled numerous personal injury cases for clients in Lanai City and across Maui County. If you’ve been hurt due to another person’s negligence, contact our personal injury law firm to schedule a free consultation to get started on your case.
Seeking Compensation Following a Wrongful Death
If your family has lost a loved one as a result of a personal injury accident caused by the negligence of another person, our legal team will help your family pursue damages by filing a wrongful death claim against the responsible party.
This type of legal claim can help your family recover compensation for funeral expenses, lost earning capacity, loss of services, and various other damages you face. Our wrongful death lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation to determine what legal options are available to help your family move forward, despite the overwhelming consequences you face. Schedule a free consultation with our personal injury law firm today to get started.
Comparative Negligence Laws in Hawaii
Injured parties generally have up to two years to pursue legal action after suffering a personal injury in an accident. However, waiting to file a legal claim can prevent you from seeking the maximum compensation possible.
When it comes to handling personal injury claims, Hawaii follows a modified comparative negligence rule. This rule allows for the financial recovery of monetary compensation for damages so long as the claimant’s level of responsibility for the accident is less than the defendant’s.
This means that if you are found to be partially at fault for your own injuries, any damages you are awarded will be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to you. For example, if you are found to be 20% at fault for your own injuries, any damages you are awarded will be reduced by 20%.
Working with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer will give you better insight into what you can expect for your personal injury lawsuit recovery.
Hawaii is a “No-Fault” State for Car Accidents
If you have suffered injuries caused by a motor vehicle accident, it is crucial to understand that Hawaii is a no-fault insurance state. This means that you will be required to file a personal injury claim against your personal injury protection coverage to recover compensation for financial losses you face, such as medical expenses. If you were in a car accident, in some circumstances, you might be able to pursue a legal claim against the driver who caused the crash.
Our personal injury lawyer at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can meet with you for a free consultation to discuss your personal injury case and determine the most appropriate steps moving forward. If you need further compensation to cover the losses and damages you face, our team will file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver and demand that they pay you full and timely compensation for your damages.
Let Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner Help You Get Justice
For decades, our personal injury law firm has dedicated extensive time and resources to represent clients in Lanai City and across Maui County who have suffered injuries caused by the negligence of others. Following your accident, we will help you seek monetary compensation to help alleviate the costs of medical expenses, property damage, and losses you face.
Our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can meet with you for a free consultation to get started on your case at your earliest convenience. Contact our Hawaii personal injury attorneys today at 808-537-2525 to get started on your case.