Have you or a loved one been harmed due to someone else’s negligence in Kahului, HI? You may be entitled to financial compensation. Our Kahului personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you get justice. Schedule a free consultation today to get started.
Located in the valley between the slopes of Haleakala and the West Maui mountains, Kahului, HI , is the most populated town in Maui. While its beauty is appreciated by both residents and visitors, serious accidents are an unfortunate part of life in the area. There are many instances where innocent parties are harmed by the negligence of others. If you have been injured because of another person’s reckless or careless actions, you must act quickly to protect your legal rights.
In the event that you have been hurt in a personal injury accident in Hawaii , you may be entitled to compensation. At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we have more than 30 years of experience helping people who have been hurt in accidents get the money they deserve. We will work hard to help you protect your legal rights and best interests after being harmed.
Our personal injury lawyers can meet with you at our office for a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to get started on your case.
Cases We Handle For Clients in Kahului, HI
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you want to know that your personal injury attorney has the resources needed to make sure your case is handled correctly. Our legal team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner has extensive resources and over three decades of experience helping injured clients secure compensation following their accidents.
Some common accident cases we handle include the following:
Motor Vehicle Accidents : Motor vehicle accidents can be traumatic and result in severe physical and emotional injuries. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit. Our personal injury attorneys are experienced in handling these cases and will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in an auto accident, please do not hesitate to call our office for a free consultation. We will work hard on your behalf to get you the best possible settlement available. We have extensive experience handling cases involving truck accidents, car accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more.
Medical Malpractice : Medical malpractice is a severe issue for anyone who has been injured because of negligent medical care. If you have been injured due to the negligence of a doctor, hospital, or another medical professional, you may be entitled to compensation. At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we have decades of experience representing clients in medical malpractice cases. We will do everything we can to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Catastrophic Injuries Claims: There are several different types of catastrophic injury cases that our lawyers have experience with. These include cases involving traumatic brain injuries , spinal cord injuries, burns , and more. We will work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Premises Liability : If a property owner was responsible for your injuries, a personal injury attorney from our law offices could help with your claim. Some common premises liability cases we have handled include:
- A homeowner who fails to clean up spilled liquid on the floor, leading to slip and fall accidents.
- A landlord who fails to provide proper handrails in a stairwell is liable if someone slips and falls down the stairs.
- A business that allows its customers to park on its lot is liable if a person crashes their car into the business.
Recreational Activity Accidents : When you are out enjoying the great outdoors in Maui County, it is crucial to be aware of the risks involved. That means being cautious when participating in activities like scuba diving, biking, swimming, and hiking . If you were harmed due to negligence while engaging in an outdoor recreation activity, do not hesitate to contact our Hawaii personal injury attorneys.
Wrongful Death Cases : We understand how difficult it can be to deal with the loss of a loved one, we will work hard to make the process as smooth as possible. Our personal injury attorneys will work tirelessly to support your family throughout the legal process. We will make sure that you have all the information and resources you need to receive just compensation. Our skilled Hawaii personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner have decades of experience helping Kahului, HI, residents and their families who have been hurt in accidents. We can help you navigate the complex legal system and get the compensation you deserve. Contact our law offices today to schedule a free consultation to see how we can help you.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
There are many things that our personal injury attorney can help you with during a personal injury claim. One of the most important things is to help you get the compensation you deserve. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
A personal injury attorney can also help you to negotiate with the other party’s insurance company. Insurance companies often try to lowball victims of accidents. Our legal team knows how to negotiate with them to get you the best possible settlement.
If your personal injury case goes to trial, our personal injury law firm will be there to represent you. We will present a strong case and fight for the maximum compensation for your damages.
A skilled attorney from Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you in many ways during a personal injury claim. They will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free case evaluation with our team today to get started on your case.
Common Injuries From Accidents
Injuries from accidents can be severe and can affect you in many ways. Depending on the accident, you may experience pain, blurred vision or nausea. Whether you have been harmed in an auto or a premises liability accident, it is essential to know the most common injuries and what to do if you experience them.
Common injuries resulting from accidents in Kahului, HI, include:
- Abrasions : Abrasions can occur due to many different types of accidents, from falling to being struck with a blunt object. Abrasions can be minor, but they can also lead to more severe injuries.
- Burns : Burn injuries can be severe in nature and require extensive medical treatment. There are various types of burn injuries that victims are left with following accidents in Kahului, HI. These include:
- First-degree burns: These are the mildest type of burns and typically cause redness, pain, and a feeling of warmth.
- Second-degree burns: These involve deeper layers of skin and can cause extensive damage. They may need to be treated at a hospital which can lead to long-term scarring.
- Third-degree burns: These are the most severe type of burns and can cause permanent damage to the skin. Victims may lose their hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, and even portions of their skin.
- Concussion : Concussion symptoms can vary from person to person and can take weeks or even months to recover fully.
- Cuts : Severe cuts can require medical attention. Injured parties can sometimes be left with permanent scarring and disfigurement. Regrettably, severe cases can result in nerve and muscle damage.
- Injury to the jaw or teeth : One of the most common injuries resulting from accidents in Kahului, HI, is to the jaw or teeth. Broken jaws and teeth are common in accidents involving falls from an extreme height and also car accidents.
- Injury to the neck or spine : Serious spinal cord compression can cause paralysis or even death. Neck pain may also be a sign of cervical spine compression.
- Hip fractures: A hip fracture can result in long-term pain and disability. These injuries are incredibly common. Especially in slip and fall accidents, because people are likelier to fall on their hips than any other body part. When this happens, the hip can fracture.
- Loss of consciousness : Most people who suffer a loss of consciousness are unaware that they have lost consciousness and may not realize the seriousness of their condition until hours or even days after the accident.
- Paralysis: A person can be paralyzed from the neck down due to a spinal cord injury. The paralysis is usually complete and permanent. Spinal cord injuries can also result in other injuries, such as fractures and lacerations to the spinal cord itself. Sufferers of these types of injuries may require extensive rehabilitation to regain movement and function.
- Internal organ damage : Those involved in accidents in Kahului often suffer from crushed chest and rib injuries, which can result in internal organ damage that severely limits their breathing and ability to move. Some common internal organ damages that can result from an accident in Kahului, HI, include lung punctures, spleen ruptures, or even kidney damage.
- Loss of limbs : The loss of a limb can severely change the life of an injured party. The most common types of limb loss are amputation and hand or foot loss. These body parts are particularly vulnerable, which means they are likely to be impacted by this type of injury in an accident.
There can be long-term consequences for any injury, and injuries from accidents in the Kahului area are no exception. Injuries can cause physical pain, mental anguish and even social isolation. And although not all injuries will cause long-term problems, it’s essential to be aware of the possible consequences so that you can get the appropriate help when they arise.
Some of the most common long-term consequences of an injury:
- Pain : The pain associated with an injury may last for hours, days, or even weeks. If you experience significant pain after an accident, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. However, if the pain is not too severe, you may be able to treat it at home using over-the-counter medications or self-care measures.
- Physical impairment : In many cases, an injury will result in physical impairment. This can include damaged bones, muscles, joints, and other organs. If you experience any physical problems after an accident, it is vital to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Mental anguish : Accidents can cause a lot of emotional distress for those harmed. Many injured parties experience posttraumatic stress disorder, depression, and even anxiety.
In order to overcome the immediate and long-term effects of a serious injury, it is crucial that you seek legal representation right away. Our Kahului, HI, personal injury team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party and seek the maximum compensation possible.
Helping Those Harmed in Auto Accidents Seek Compensation
Thousands of auto accidents are reported in Kahului, HI, and across Hawaii each year. There are many cases where people involved in accidents are left with injuries requiring medical care. Regrettably, we see various types of accidents impact the lives of innocent people daily.
Some of the most common types of auto accidents include:
- Pedestrian crash
- Scooter crashes
- Drunk driving crashes
- Bicycle wreck
- Motorcycle collision
- Moped collision
- Car accident cases
We see accidents occur in Kahului, HI, and across the state of Hawaii due to various acts of negligence. Some of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Drivers who are impaired by drugs
- Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol
- Distractions (food, cellphones, passengers, etc.)
- Drivers who are speeding
- Running red lights at intersections
- Disregarding traffic control devices at intersections
- Failing to yield to others
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Hawaii, do not hesitate to contact our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner. We offer free consultations so that we can assess your case and discuss all your legal options. Our seasoned legal team is here to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Helping with Medical Malpractice Cases
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we understand the importance of pursuing justice for those who have been affected by medical negligence, and our team will work tirelessly to provide you with the legal guidance and resources you need to win a favorable outcome for your case.
Medical malpractice cases can be incredibly complex and often involve a lot of evidence and testimony. If you or someone you know has been injured due to a medical professional’s negligence, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance from our personal injury attorneys immediately. Our experienced personal injury team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you navigate the legal system and get the compensation you deserve.
In Hawaii, medical malpractice cases can be quite challenging to resolve. For this reason, our legal team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner is here for you. Our personal injury attorneys are well-equipped to help you navigate the legal system and get the compensation you deserve.
Some common examples of medical malpractice we see include those involving:
- Failure to appropriately diagnose and treat an illness or injury
- Failing to perform necessary procedures
- Improper use of drugs or equipment
- Mistreatment by hospital personnel
- Forcing a patient to undergo treatments that they do not want
- Negligent supervision by healthcare professionals
Some common types of cases that can lead to medical malpractice include:
- Injuries caused by medical negligence. This includes carelessness or an error on the part of the doctor or nurse that leads to a patient’s injury. For example, if a doctor fails to properly diagnose a condition or prescribe the proper treatment, this could lead to injuries.
- Negligent treatment. This refers to any action or omission by the doctor or nurse that causes harm to the patient but does not amount to medical negligence. For example, leaving behind dirty instruments after performing an operation can lead to infection and injury.
- Wrongful death. If a patient dies as a result of negligence by a doctor or nurse, their family may have grounds for a lawsuit.
If you believe that you have suffered from medical malpractice in Hawaii, it is essential to speak with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Our personal injury law offices can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the process of filing a claim.
Helping with Premises Liability Cases in Kahului, HI
In Hawaii, premises liability laws specify that property owners must protect their guests and employees from harm. This includes ensuring that the property is well-maintained and free of dangerous conditions.
If someone is harmed as a result of a property defect, the injured person may seek legal action against the responsible party. Common types of premises liability cases in Kahului, HI, include:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: In these accidents, someone slips and falls on wet or damaged surfaces, leading to injury. Property owners are responsible for keeping floors and roofs clean and clear of debris.
- Defective Safety Devices: In many cases, property owners are responsible for the installation and maintenance of safety devices like gates, fences, or lighting systems. If these devices malfunction or are not correctly installed, they can create hazards for visitors.
- Assault and Battery: In some cases, property owners may be liable for assaults committed by their guests or employees. This occurs when the owner fails to take adequate steps to protect visitors from harm or fails to monitor their activities closely enough.
- Dog Attacks : When property owners fail to maintain control over their animals, it can lead to a vicious animal attack. These attacks can result in severe injuries and permanent scarring.
- Elevator Accidents: Elevators are typically safe but can still malfunction and cause injuries. When this happens, injured parties may be injured when the elevator suddenly starts moving or when they fall to the ground.
- Escalator Accidents: Escalators are also typically safe, but they can also malfunction and cause injuries. When this happens, those harmed may be injured when the escalator suddenly starts moving or when they fall to the ground.
Unfortunately, premises liability accidents can take place at a variety of locations. Some of the most common locations listed in personal injury cases include:
- Retail outlets
- Apartment complexes
- Hotels and motels
- Sporting events
- Concerts and music events
- In crowded public locations
If you have been injured in an accident at a property in Kahului, HI, you must reach out to our personal injury lawyer right away. Our team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can investigate the incident and help you pursue legal action.
Handling Cases of Catastrophic injuries
Although any injury has the potential to cause you unbearable pain and suffering, injuries that are catastrophic can completely change your life. Many people who suffer from these injuries have to go through long-term care. Many never fully recover. Trying to deal with the aftermath can seem nearly impossible.
A catastrophic injury attorney can help you through this difficult time. The attorneys at our law firm specialize in catastrophic injuries, which are injuries that cause extreme physical and emotional harm. Common injuries that we help clients recover from include:
- Loss of consortium
- Disfigurements/permanent scarring
- Nerve damage
- Herniated or bulging disks
- Paralysis (which can be temporary or permanent)
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries
- Mental impairments
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding or severe lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe burn injuries
Catastrophic injury lawsuits can be very complex and require skilled legal representation. The plaintiff may seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. If you are injured or suffer a loss due to another person’s negligence, you may want to consider filing a catastrophic injury case as soon as possible.
Our Hawaii personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you pursue legal action against the responsible party. Schedule a free case evaluation with our team as soon as possible to get started. Our team has more than three decades of experience litigating catastrophic injury lawsuits. We will work diligently to win your case and provide you with the financial compensation you deserve.
Services We Provide
When you are involved in an accident, it is vital to have a lawyer on your side. A personal injury attorney can help protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Our team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can provide you with various services to ensure your legal rights and best interests are protected after being harmed in an accident in Kahului, HI.
Some of the ways our personal injury attorney can help you include:
Investigating your accident : An attorney from our personal injury law firm will go straight to the scene of your accident to investigate. If necessary, we will work with experts who can recreate the accident to show what occurred.
Help with gathering evidence: If you have been injured in an accident in Kahului, HI, our Hawaii personal injury law firm can help you gather evidence on your behalf and ensure you have the most robust case possible. This includes:
- Gathering evidence at the scene of the accident: Such as taking photographs and recordings of the scene, your injuries, eyewitness testimony, photos, and physical evidence.
- Helping to compile medical records: Our personal injury law firm can help gather your medical records, bills, and statements from medical professionals to prove the extent of your injuries and what treatment you require.
Handling communication and negotiations : A personal injury lawyer from our legal team can be invaluable during these negotiation processes because we are well-versed in the law and know how to pressure insurance companies into paying fair value on claims. In addition, our firm can provide emotional support during this challenging time by helping to ensure you are not alone.
Represent you in court : If our law offices cannot reach a settlement agreement on your behalf, we will stand up for you in court. Our law firm will present the strongest evidence possible and prove your case to a judge and jury to ensure you get the financial compensation you need and deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. A personal injury lawyer can provide skilled legal representation and support after an accident, helping you to obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you have questions about what to do after an accident in Kahului, HI, or if you need assistance determining what legal options are available, contact our personal injury law firm, Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, today to schedule a free case evaluation. We would be happy to help guide you through the process of seeking justice after a devastating accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
After being injured in an accident, it is common to feel overwhelmed and confused. Many injured parties have countless questions about what to do moving forward. For this reason, our personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner are committed to helping our clients find the answers to their questions.
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions by residents of Kahului, HI, who have been harmed in accidents:
Are there caps on the amount of compensation that I can recover for my personal injury case?
In Hawaii, there is no limit on the amount of compensation that you can receive for the economic damages that you suffered as a result of your accident. However, there are limits on the amount of compensation you can receive for pain and suffering and other non-economic damages. This amount is limited to $375,000 under most circumstances.
What types of damages are available for personal injury cases in Hawaii?
If you are injured in an accident in Hawaii, you can recover three general types of damages. These include:
Economic damages: These damages are awarded to compensate those harmed for the amount of financial costs and losses they face as a result of their accidents. This can include medical expenses, property damages, long-term medical bills, and other actual costs.
Non-economic damages: These awards are provided for non-monetary damages that you face due to your accident. This can include emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life and pain and suffering.
Punitive damages: These awards are provided in cases where those harmed suffer injuries due to the unlawful and grossly negligent actions of the defendant. These awards are provided as a form of punishment for the defendant.
Is it necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit?
There is no definite answer to this question since every situation is different. However, generally speaking, it can be beneficial for personal injury victims to file a lawsuit in order to receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. This is because lawsuits are designed to allow injured parties to seek compensation for damages that have been sustained due to someone else’s negligence. If you are considering filing a personal injury lawsuit, schedule a free consultation with our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner as soon as possible.
What do I do if an insurance adjuster approaches me?
If you have been in a personal injury accident in Hawaii and have insurance coverage, your insurance adjuster may approach you. It is essential to understand your rights and what to do if your insurance adjuster tries to pressure or intimidate you into making a settlement. You are never required to answer questions for them without first consulting with a personal injury attorney. It is in your best interests to do so. Insurance companies may try to persuade you into accepting a settlement for your pain and injuries, preventing you from recovering the total compensation available to you.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
It is difficult to answer this question without knowing more about your injuries and the specifics of your case. It is important to understand how insurance companies determine payouts. Insurance companies will use several factors to calculate a settlement amount, including the percentage of fault involved in the accident, how long the person harmed has been unable to work since their injury, and any prior medical expenses related to their injury.
Our personal injury attorney can provide you with accurate information about your rights and options and can ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your lawsuit.
What is comparative negligence in Hawaii?
Comparative negligence is a legal principle that allows a person to share in the responsibility for their own injuries in a personal injury lawsuit based on how much fault they had in the incident that caused the injury. This means that you can file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation up to the amount of fault that the other party is responsible for in your accident.
For example, if a court found you to be 24% at fault for an accident, and you were awarded damages in the amount of $100,000, your recoverable damages will be reduced by the share of fault that is yours. As a result, you would receive $75,000 for your damages before any fees are dedicated by your attorneys.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you have been injured and are unsure of what to do next, or if you have questions about your case and what options are available to you, contact one of our personal injury lawyers in Hawaii. Our legal team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you take the first steps on the road to recovery. Our attorneys will provide you with a free consultation so that you can learn more about your legal options and what steps you should take next.
Our Hawaii personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you recover damages from the person or company responsible for your injuries. Our experienced personal injury lawyers have years of experience helping clients obtain the financial compensation they deserve.
If you have been injured in an accident in Hawaii, it is important that you act quickly to contact us today to learn more about your legal options and how we can help you pursue a personal injury case. The attorneys at our law office can be reached by calling 808-537-2525. Contact Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner today to get started on your case.