If you were injured due to the negligence of another person, you may have legal options. Reach out to our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner at your earliest convenience to schedule a free consultation.
Located in the District of Puna, Fern Forest is home to more than 1,100 people. This Hawaii County community is tucked away on the slopes and full of rich, lush forestry. Although most people safely enjoy visiting or living and working in this beautiful area, there are instances where innocent people get hurt due to the negligence or recklessness of someone else. When that happens, it is considered a personal injury, and there are laws in place to allow the person harmed to be compensated.
Many expenses arise as a result of being injured, including medical bills, physical therapy, lost wages, and more. That is why the law gives you the right to seek compensation. If you have been injured and you believe someone else is at fault, you should reach out to our Honolulu-based Fern Forest personal injury attorneys as soon as possible.
For decades, the legal team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner has represented people in our community who get injured in accidents. Whether you were hurt in a car accident, a boating accident, a workplace incident or something else, we offer a free consultation where you can tell us about your case, and we can give you advice on what your best option is moving forward.
Cases Our Personal Injury Law Firm Handles
When it comes to personal injury cases, it is crucial to have the support of a skilled and resourceful law firm that can navigate even the most complex legal matters. At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we bring decades of experience to the table, handling personal injury litigation for individuals in Fern Forest and throughout Hawaii.
Our team is committed to providing compassionate and results-driven representation to every client we serve, no matter how they were injured. Personal injury cases can arise from many different types of situations. Below are some of the most common that we handle at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner.
- Motor vehicle accident cases, including car accident claims, truck accident cases, motorcycle and moped crashes, and accidents involving pedestrians or bicycles
- Medical malpractice, which may involve missed or delayed diagnoses, lab errors, surgical errors, birth injuries, medication mistakes, and more.
- Product liability, including a range of injury-causing defective products, such medical devices, tools, toys or anything else that proves dangerous when used as intended.
- Premises liability cases, which often involve falling on a slippery surface, swimming pool incidents, or dog attacks.
- Construction site injuries, including falls, crush injuries, and exposure to toxic substances
- Catastrophic injuries, which usually involve astronomical medical bills and the inability to return to work, are usually injuries to the brain or spine.
- Wrongful death cases, which are situations where a personal injury ultimately causes a person’s death. The estate of the deceased and certain surviving family members may have the right to seek compensation for funeral and burial costs, medical bills, loss of income and other personal losses related to the death of their loved one.
No matter what type of accident you have been injured in or lost a loved one to, you can depend on our Honolulu personal injury law firm to help you get the compensation you need to protect you and your family from the serious financial ramifications that come with personal injury accidents.
Common Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
Though every situation is unique, the same types of injuries tend to show up in case after case. Having handled these cases for decades, we know the full extent of the impact these injuries can have on a person and their livelihood. Having an attorney on your side that has knowledge of the exact injury you’re dealing with helps make sure that when you make your claim for compensation, you include the full spectrum of expenses you can expect over the course of however long it takes you to recover completely.
During the days and weeks following your accident, you may not fully know yet just how much the injury is going to cost you in medical care, therapy, and missed time from work. That is why it is incredibly important not to accept the first offer you may get from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Here are some of the most common injuries we see. If you have experienced any of these, give us a call before you make any decisions.
- Broken Bones: These injuries often require casting and surgery. Many people with broken bones have to go through months of therapy and rehabilitation.
- Head Injuries: Any head trauma can lead to permanent disability. Serious accidents can result in traumatic brain injuries, blunt force trauma to the head, and even skull fractures. Head injuries can seriously impact your ability to live a normal life.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These injuries can lead to some form of paralysis, which can completely alter a person’s life. “Complete” spinal cord injuries typically render victims unable to walk again, while “incomplete” injuries may allow for some degree of recovery through extensive therapy and medical treatment.
- Crushing Injuries: These injuries are relatively common following car accidents. They also happen in the workplace when heavy machinery or objects are involved. People who suffer crushing injuries often experience multiple broken bones, spinal cord damage, and even long-term disabilities if they manage to survive at all.
- Internal Organ Injuries: Injuries to internal organs, such as lung punctures, can be particularly devastating. If these injuries are not treated immediately, injured parties can experience life-threatening consequences.
Damages We Can Help You Recover
Most people don’t know that there are actually many different things for which you can be compensated following your injury. While medical bills are usually a large portion of the compensation awarded in personal injury claims, there are many other factors to consider as well. All of the following are potential losses for which you may be compensated:
- Medical Bills: This includes emergency medical care, ongoing follow-up treatment, physical therapy, surgery, and any other care that is required for your full recovery.
- Lost Wages/Earning Capacity: When you sustain a serious injury, you may be unable to work for weeks, months, or even indefinitely. You have the right to demand reimbursement for this lost income.
- Property Damage: A common example of property damage is when your vehicle needs to be repaired or replaced after a car wreck.
- Pain and Suffering/Mental Anguish: Personal injury accidents can cause physical and emotional pain that extends far beyond financial losses. You have the right to claim compensation for the pain, suffering, and mental anguish you have experienced as a result of your injury.
To get the maximum amount possible for your personal injury claim, it is best to have experienced professionals investigate and prepare your case. This is why it is so much better to have a lawyer representing you than to simply take whatever offer the insurance company might make to you shortly after you get injured. Our Fern Forest personal injury attorneys know how to calculate every last dollar you deserve to receive, considering things like your future medical needs, future loss of income, inflation, and other factors that many people would not know to consider without consulting a lawyer.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we are committed to helping each client we represent obtain a fair settlement that covers the full spectrum of damages they have experienced. While we understand that money cannot change the past or return your life back to how it was before the accident, it can go a long way toward ensuring you are able to get some closure and move forward positively after going through such a terrible ordeal.
Contact our Fern Forest Personal Injury Attorney Now
If you have been injured as a result of an accident that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another person, please know that you are not alone.
Since 1971, we have been helping people all over the islands put their lives back together after being physically and emotionally traumatized due to someone else’s negligence. We have a passion for helping people, and we have made it our mission to do the absolute best job we can for every single person we represent. This is why we have a stellar reputation across Hawaii for being an incredibly successful personal injury firm. We want you to be able to focus on your recovery while we focus on getting you the compensation you are rightfully due after being injured or losing a loved one.
To get started on your case, reach out to our law firm by calling (808) 537-2525. Our staff is waiting and ready to schedule your free consultation to discuss your case. Remember, we will handle your Fern Forest personal injury claim on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing until your case is resolved.