If you've been injured as a result of an accident in Haliimaile or anywhere in Maui County, our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you get justice.
Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be incredibly difficult. Residents of Haliimaile and visitors to Hawaii are often left with painful injuries that impact their ability to work and perform daily tasks. Should you be harmed in an accident caused by another person’s recklessness or negligence, a personal injury lawyer can help you get justice.
We represent clients in Haliimaile and across Hawaii to ensure justice is served. Our legal team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can meet with you for a free consultation to discuss your case and the legal options available to help you move forward. Contact our personal injury law firm today to get started.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
Our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner will provide you with numerous services to ensure you have the best chances of getting justice after being harmed in an accident. Some of the legal services we help our injury clients with include the following:
- Gathering evidence from various sources: Our personal injury attorney will gather evidence related to your accident, including police reports, statements from witnesses, and pictures of the scene. This evidence will be used to help build your case and support your claim for damages.
- We will investigate your crash: Our personal injury attorneys will investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident to determine who was at fault. This investigation may include taking statements from witnesses, reviewing medical records, and consulting with experts.
- Handling negotiations: Once we establish liability for your accident, our personal injury attorneys will negotiate compensation to cover your damages with the responsible party’s insurance company. We will work hard to help you reach a fair settlement, so you can obtain the compensation you need to cover all of your damages.
- Communicate with insurance: Our personal injury attorney will communicate with the insurance company on your behalf throughout the claims process. This communication is necessary to ensure that you are not taken advantage of and that your rights are being well-protected at all times.
You can depend on our personal injury lawyers to build a solid case on your behalf and fight to ensure you are able to secure total and timely compensation. Schedule a free consultation with our personal injury law firm today to get started on your case.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle for Injured Clients
When it comes to selecting an attorney to represent you, it is vital that they have handled cases similar to yours. Our team at Leavitt, Yamane & Solder is well-versed and highly experienced in handling litigations for personal injury clients. Over the years, we have represented countless injured parties in their pursuit of justice. We will fight fearlessly to ensure you are able to get the compensation you need and deserve after being harmed.
Some of the personal injury cases we handle for injured parties include:
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability claims
- Premises liability cases
- Auto accidents
- Catastrophic injuries claims
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Food poisoning
- Wrongful death cases
Whether you have suffered a severe injury due to a collision involving a car or truck, a medical professional’s carelessness or a property owner’s failure to ensure their property is safe; you may have legal options available.
Our legal team represents those harmed by the reckless or otherwise negligent actions of others. We will provide you with personal attention every step of the way to ensure you are able to get justice. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation to get started.
Common Injuries from Accidents in Haliimaile
An accident can change your life forever. In an instant, you can be left with painful physical and emotional injuries. Even though no two accidents are the same, there are common injuries that those involved in accidents are left with. Some of the most common injuries that residents of Hawaii suffer from include:
- Permanent scarring or disfigurements
- Facial injuries
- Lacerations, severe cuts, and scrapes
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Inhalation injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Broken bones/compound fractures
- Burn injuries
- Electrocution injuries
- Joint replacement issues
- Loss of limbs
- Avascular necrosis
- Neck and soft tissue injuries
- Back injuries
- Nerve and muscle damage
- Shock injuries
- Food poisoning
If you have been harmed as a result of another person’s actions, you may be able to file a legal claim against them. A personal injury attorney can help you determine the best course of action moving forward.
Damages You Can Recover
If you have been in an accident, you may be able to recover monetary damages from the responsible party. These awards are designed to help alleviate some of the costs and losses you face. Some of the damages you can make a financial recovery for on your personal injury case include:
- Medical treatment cost: This can include everything from ambulance rides and hospital stays to surgeries or even doctor appointments that you have to attend after your accident.
- Long-term medical expenses: Long-term medical care can be costly, and it can have a significant impact on your quality of life. You can recover compensation to help alleviate the cost of ongoing treatment, surgeries, and any required therapy. It can include the cost of medical devices and equipment, such as prosthetics.
- Lost wages: If your injuries have prevented you from being able to work or have caused you to miss time from work, you may be able to recover those lost wages through a personal injury lawsuit.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Loss of enjoyment of life damages are intended to provide you with compensation to help alleviate some of the stress you face as a result of the ways that your injuries have diminished your ability to enjoy your life.
- Loss of consortium: In order to recover damages for the loss of consortium, the claimant must show that the victim’s injury has caused a deprivation of companionship, love, affection, comfort, or society. Loss of consortium is generally provided to the spouse or children of the injured party.
- Lost earning capacity: These damages are awarded when injured parties show that their injuries have caused them to lose earnings or opportunities for future earnings. Lost earning capacity damages can be awarded for past and future losses.
- Mental anguish: This type of compensation is meant to cover the emotional anguish and physical pain you have been forced to endure due to your accident.
- Property damage: A personal injury claim can help you recover compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged property.
- Wrongful death benefits, in some cases: If your family member has lost their life in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation for your losses. A wrongful death lawsuit can help your family recover compensation after losing a loved one. This includes making a financial recovery for your loved one’s medical expenses, lost income, funeral and burial expenses, and more.
It is essential to speak with our personal injury attorneys to discuss your legal options and whether filing a lawsuit is right for you. Our team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you understand the laws that apply to your case and calculate the amount of damages that you may be able to recover. Contact our personal injury law firm today for a free consultation if you have been injured in an accident.
Handling Claims For Catastrophic injuries
Every day, residents of Haliimaile and Maui County suffer severe injuries in accidents caused by negligence. Unfortunately, some of the injuries that they suffer are considered to be catastrophic in nature. Catastrophic injuries are usually defined as those that result in long-term disability or death. These injuries can include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and the loss of limbs. Catastrophic injuries can and often do have an overwhelming and lasting impact on sufferers.
Regrettably, these injuries can result from accident cases ranging from motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, recreational activity accidents, and even premises liability accidents. When innocent parties are harmed as a result of accidents in Hawaii caused by negligent parties, we will fight to ensure they can get justice.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, our team of dedicated personal injury lawyers has decades of experience fighting for the rights of those harmed in catastrophic accidents. We understand the physical, mental, and financial consequences these accidents can have on injured parties and their families. Our personal injury attorney will fight diligently to help you hold the responsible party accountable.
The Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims in Hawaii
The statute of limitations for Hawaii personal injury claims is two years from the day the accident took place. If for any reason, you fail to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to file as well as any chance of collecting compensation.
The Hawaii Rules of Civil Procedure also have a discovery rule. This rule states that the two-year clock begins counting down when the claimant learns or reasonably should have learned that they were injured due to another person’s actions.
This includes those injured due to medical malpractice who were completely oblivious to the mistake until a later date when the consequences became obvious.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Our personal injury law firm has extensive resources and experience helping injured residents and visitors handle insurance claims to get justice after being harmed. Whether you were hurt as a result of medical malpractice, a vehicle accident, or another accident caused by negligence, our team will assist you in protecting your legal rights.
Following your accident, our personal injury lawyer will be able to help you seek compensation from the person who caused you harm. Our team is committed to providing representation for our clients that truly makes a difference in their lives.
If another person’s negligent or reckless actions have left you with a severe injury, you deserve a fair financial recovery for your damages. Contact our Hawaii personal injury law firm to schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience. Our lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner are available by calling 808-537-2525.