Fern Acres Personal Injury Lawyer
Do you need legal guidance after you sustained injuries from an accident that occurred in the Fern Acres area? Contact Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner for your free case evaluation. You may be entitled to significant compensation.
Located just north of the Wao Kele o Puna Forest Reserve, the community of Fern Acres is located at an elevation of approximately 1500 feet. Home to approximately 1600 people, many find this area safe and enjoyable. Unfortunately, accidents sometimes happen in Fern Acres and across the Big Island that leave our residents with injuries that impact their lives forever.
Being injured as a result of an accident can change your life forever. Unfortunately, many people face towering medical bills and lost wages, and various other financial and physical struggles that make it very difficult to move forward. If you find yourself involved in an accident, it is crucial that you seek legal help from a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we represent clients who have suffered injuries due to negligent and reckless parties. We want to help you get justice.
Our personal injury law firm will take your case on a contingency fee, so you never have to worry about paying upfront for our legal services. At your earliest convenience, schedule a free consultation with our team to discuss your legal matters and the available options to help you move forward.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Personal injury lawsuits can be incredibly challenging to pursue. This is particularly true if you have no experience navigating the personal injury claim system. Going to civil court and filing a claim for compensation may seem like a simple task. However, there are strict guidelines, deadlines, and requirements when it comes to filing a claim successfully.
For this reason, you can benefit greatly by working with a personal injury lawyer that is skilled and knowledgeable in handling these types of claims. Our dedicated legal team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner has been fighting fearlessly to help accident victims get justice for decades. Some of the cases that we have handled for our clients include those involving:
Motor vehicle accidents: Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury cases we handle for Fern Acres residents and those affected by personal injury accidents in Hawaii.
Some of the auto accident cases we help our clients recover damages from include those involving:
- Car Accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accident cases
- Pedestrian/bicycle accidents
One key factor in determining compensation for claims involving auto accidents is liability. In other words, you must show who is at fault for the car accident that left you injured. Our team conducts thorough investigations into each case to determine liability and hold those responsible accountable for their actions.
Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice is a serious issue that can cause severe harm to patients. Unfortunately, hundreds of thousands of people end up losing their lives as a result of medical malpractice across the United States every year. Here in Hawaii, we see countless people negatively affected by negligent doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals. These cases often involve a healthcare professional who fails to provide treatment in accordance with the accepted standard of care, resulting in injury or death.
Some of the medical malpractice cases we help our clients recover damages from include those involving:
- Medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries
- Hospital negligence
- Surgical errors
Our personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner are well-versed in handling medical malpractice claims. We understand how challenging these legal claims can be, and work tirelessly to ensure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries.
Our team will thoroughly investigate your case and consult with medical experts to build a strong case on your behalf. We understand the emotional toll of being injured due to someone else’s negligence, which is why we prioritize fighting for your rights every step of the way.
Catastrophic Injuries: Suffering a catastrophic injury as a result of an accident can have an overwhelming impact on your life. Accident victims who are left with these injuries often have to go through significant medical care and spend months recovering.
Some of the catastrophic injury cases we help our clients recover damages from include those involving:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Loss of hearing
- Vision loss
- Loss of limbs
- Severe burn injuries
Premises Liability Claims: To prevail on a personal injury claim after being injured on a property, whether against a business owner or a private property owner, you must be able to demonstrate that they were negligent. This involves showing that they failed to act in a manner to address the problem that caused the accident in a way that a reasonable person would have. As a result of their actions or failure to act, you have suffered injuries and damages.
Some of the premises liability cases that we help our clients recover damages from include those involving:
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog attacks
- Elevator accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
Additionally, we have decades of experience handling wrongful death claims for clients who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of others. Our law firm will investigate the accident that caused the death of your loved one, and identify all of the responsible parties.
Defective products: Being hurt as a result of a defective product can have an overwhelming impact on your life forever. Additionally, accidents involving defective and malfunctioning products can cause serious injuries that result in long-term medical expenses and lost wages. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys have extensive experience dealing with cases involving various types of product defects, such as:
- Automobiles that are not “crashworthy”
- Dangerous toys
- Faulty machinery
- Defective appliances
- Defective power tools
- Brake and accelerator problems in motor vehicles
We know how difficult being injured as a result of a defective product can be and we will do everything in our power to help you get justice. Our goal is to help you get the compensation you deserve and hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
Recreational Activity Accidents: Participating in recreational activities is an excellent way to unwind and enjoy some leisure time, especially here in Hawaii. However, there are inherent risks associated with these activities. Recreational accidents can occur at any time, causing injuries that range from minor bruises to serious injuries or even death. Some of the most common types of recreational activity accidents we handle for Fern Acres residents include those involving:
- Rock climbing
- Jet ski accidents
- Boat crashes
- Helicopter accidents
- Zip line accidents
- Horse riding accidents
If you have been injured in a recreational accident due to the negligence of someone else or improper maintenance of equipment by a facility owner, then you may be able to recover compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim. Our personal injury lawyers have decades of experience handling recreational activity accidents. We know how to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf. We will work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve.
No matter what type of accident that you have been affected by, it is crucial that you are able to get justice. Our personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner are fully committed to helping you get the compensation you need and deserve by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. Our lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience to get started.
Our Personal Injury Attorney Will Help with Your Case
After being involved in an accident, you may struggle to move forward. Unfortunately, the last thing that you want to have to worry about is pursuing compensation and benefits from the at-fault party. For this reason, it is important that you reach out to our personal injury law firm right away. At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, our attorneys are fully committed to helping each person we represent to protect their legal rights and get justice.
While you recover from your injuries, our team will be fighting to get you justice. While working with our personal injury lawyers, you can expect that we will take various steps to ensure your best interests and legal rights are protected. Some of the ways that we will help you after another person causes you harm include:
- Investigate your accident: After being injured in an accident, one of the most important steps that needs to be taken is gathering evidence and investigating what took place. Our personal injury law firm will review any available police reports or medical records, and collect any other relevant information in order to build your claim.When circumstances require, we will go to the scene of the accident and interview witnesses.
- Identify who is liable: It is critically important to identify who is liable for all of the injuries and damages that you have suffered. Unfortunately, identifying the liable parties can be incredibly complex and time-consuming. Thankfully, our team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner is well-versed in handling this complex process and will work quickly to determine who is at fault for your accident.
- Work with experts to build your case: Our law firm has the necessary resources to build the strongest case possible on your behalf. Once we are able to identify who is liable for your accident, our team will engage other experts, such as accident reconstruction specialists, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and economists, who can further bolster your claim against the defendant. Whether we need help to determine the extent of damages that you have suffered or confirm other critical details surrounding your accident, our team can get in touch with the specialists that are needed to help prove these aspects of your claim.
- Negotiate for you: After compiling all the evidence on your behalf, our team will aggressively negotiate full compensation with the insurance company of the responsible party. We will demand that they pay you every dollar that is owed to you for the damages that you have suffered. Our best lawyers will present convincing evidence to show why you deserve every dollar that we are asking based on the specific circumstances of your case.
- Represent your best interest at every step of the process: Once you select our personal injury team to handle your claim, we will represent your best interest at every step of the legal process. We fully understand that dealing with a personal injury can be incredibly overwhelming and stressful. For this reason, we strive to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible for every personal injury victim we represent. With our compassionate guidance throughout every step of the claim, and our fearless advocacy, you can rest assured knowing that your best interests are truly protected and reflected throughout the entire legal process.
Additionally, we will make sure that your claim is filed within the statute of limitations. In general, those who are injured in accidents have a period of up to two years to file a claim for compensation for their suffered damages in the state of Hawaii. However, there are some circumstances that can shorten the amount of time that you have to file a claim. Our team will make sure that every document, petition, and piece of evidence is filed accurately and on time so that you are able to get justice.
After suffering severe injuries, you can depend on our Hawaii personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner to provide you with legal services that deliver the results you expect and deserve.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help You
For decades, we have represented Big Island residents like the residents of Fern Acres after they have suffered life-altering injuries due to the negligence of others. Our team is available to help you protect your legal rights and get the justice and compensation that is owed to you.
It is undeniable that dealing with the aftermath of an accident and serious injuries can be incredibly challenging. Working with a team of experienced Hawaii personal injury attorneys, however, is one of the best ways to ensure that you are able to seek justice and obtain full compensation for your economic damages and intangible losses.
Here at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, our personal injury lawyers will handle cases of Fern Acres residents without any fees upfront so they can rest assured that we have their best interests in mind throughout every step of their legal journey. For more information on our services or to schedule a free consultation right away, do not hesitate to give us a call today at 808-537-2525.