Skip to main content

Mililani, HI – Two-Vehicle Injury Crash at Kipapa Dr and Kaaona St

November 13, 2022

Mililani, HI (November 13, 2022) – A collision involving two passenger vehicles took place in Mililani on Sunday, November 13th.  

Reports show that the crash took place in the area of Kaaona Street and Kipapa Drive, near Kauinana Stadium, at about 1:25 p.m.  

Police shut down the immediate area as paramedics required access to the scene. At least one person was transported from the scene by ambulance and moved to a local hospital. Their current condition is unknown.  

This accident is under investigation by the Honolulu Police Department. 

Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.

Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Hawaii

Mililani, HI - Two-Vehicle Injury Crash at Kipapa Dr and Kaaona St

Anyone who has been injured because of another person’s negligence is eligible to file a personal injury suit in the civil court of the county where the accident took place or where the respondent resides. The basic conditions for doing so are: 

  • Preparing a Complaint: This is a document that explains to the court what occurred and why they should compel the respondent to compensate you with a certain amount of money. The Complaint must assert the elements required for a prima facie case. In other words, if the judge or jury believes your side of the story, then you are entitled to compensation. To do this, the four elements of negligence must be proven. You will need to claim that the respondent had a responsibility to act with care, and that duty was breached by their negligent or willful misconduct. You will then have to show how the breach resulted in your injuries, the extent of which will need to be described in detail. Lastly, you will include a Prayer for Relief, which advises the court on how much financial compensation you expect.
  • Filing the Complaint: After it is prepared, the Complaint must be filed with the appropriate state court and a filing fee must be paid.
  • Serving the Respondent: Once you have filed, the court clerk will give you a notice to the respondent of the lawsuit, known as a Summons. You will then arrange for an impartial party to deliver the Summons along with a copy of the Complaint to the respondent. After that is done, you file a proof of service with the court, confirming the respondent received the necessary documents. Most complainants do this by hiring a professional process server, but anyone who is at least 18 and does not have a stake in the results of the case can legally serve the respondent. 

You are certainly not obligated to hire a lawyer, but keep in mind that any missed deadlines or errors in filing will delay your case. They could even prevent you from bringing the suit altogether. An experienced personal injury lawyer will help you circumvent the numerous mistakes that self-represented claimants often make. Research has also shown that claimants who have legal representation tend to recover much larger settlements than those who are unrepresented, even with legal fees factored in.  

Contact the Honolulu car accident lawyers at the law offices of Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner today by calling (808) 537-2525 to schedule a complimentary review of your car accident case. 

Notes: Our team of writers uses secondary sources such as news reports, and local and state police incident reports to create these posts. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this particular accident so if there is any information that is incorrect, please contact Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner right away so that we can update the post right away to reflect the most accurate information available. 

Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. None of the information in this post is intended to be legal advice or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical assistance immediately. 

    Call Now. We’re Here To Help.

    If you need an accident lawyer in Hawaii, let us help. It starts with a phone call or an email. There is no cost. We are paid only if we recover money for you. Fill out the form or call us at


    24 hours a day, 7 days a week.