Kihei, HI – Motorcyclist Hurt in Car Crash near Kamaole Beach Park
October 30, 2023
Kihei, HI (October 30, 2023) – A motorcyclist was transported to an area hospital with injuries as a result of a car crash that occurred on Sunday evening in Kihei.
The crash was reported at around 7:40 p.m. on October 29.
Reports provided by officers with the Maui Police Department show that a motorcyclist was involved in a collision on Alanui Ke’ali’i in the area near Kamaole Beach Park.
Authorities arrived at the scene and shut down the roadway. The motorcyclist was located at the scene, unconscious and suffering from injuries.
The victim was provided care and transported to a local medical facility by ambulance.
At this time, the accident is being investigated by law enforcement.
We hope the motorcyclist is able to recover quickly.
Motorcycle Crashes in Hawaii
Motorcycle accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries, some of which can be severe and life-altering. Regrettably, there are many instances where people injured in these accidents require extensive medical care. Some of the most common injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents include:
- Road Rash: This is a common injury reported in motorcycle accidents, especially when riders are ejected from their vehicles.
- Fractures: Broken bones are incredibly common as a result of motorcycle accidents due to the lack of protection for riders.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These can lead to paralysis or lifelong disabilities, impacting a victim’s quality of life.
- Internal Injuries: Organ injuries can be life-threatening and require extensive medical treatment. Common injuries include punctured lungs, spleen ruptures, and kidney damage.
Regrettably, there are many negligent actions that lead to these accidents occurring. Some of the most common include:
- Negligent Drivers: Many accidents occur because other drivers fail to notice or yield to motorcyclists.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol or drugs impair a driver’s judgment and reaction time, leading to motorcycle collisions.
- Speeding: Excessive speed on the part of the motorcycle rider or other motorists can lead to devastating accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Using phones, eating, or other distractions while driving can result in crashes that end in serious injuries.
- Poor Road Conditions: Gravel, potholes, or slippery road surfaces can be dangerous for motorcyclists.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, seeking the guidance of a personal injury lawyer is crucial. These legal advocates can help to protect your rights while helping you navigate the challenges associated with insurance claims to ensure you are able to get justice. It is crucial to reach out to a Hawaii motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible who can provide you with the support and representation needed to rebuild your life after a motorcycle accident.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we are committed to providing individuals in Hawaii with the highest level of legal representation when it comes to personal injury cases. Our experienced and dedicated team has a wealth of experience fighting for justice on behalf of those who have been injured in automobile collisions. We understand the physical, emotional and financial impact that automobile accidents can have an individual and their loved ones. For this reason, we are passionate about holding negligent parties accountable for their actions and helping our clients get justice. If you have been injured due to another person’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate to contact us at 808-537-2525 for a consultation. Let us help you protect your rights and fight for justice.
Notes: Our team of writers uses secondary sources such as news reports and local and state police incident reports to create these posts. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this particular accident, so if there is any incorrect information, please contact Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner right away so that we can update the post right away to reflect the most accurate information available.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. None of the information in this post is intended to be legal advice or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical assistance immediately.