Have you or a loved one been harmed due to someone else’s negligence in Wailea, Hawaii? You may be entitled to financial compensation. Our Hawaii personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help you get justice. Schedule a free consultation today to get started.
Being involved in an accident can change your life forever. Unfortunately, accidents occur daily in Wailea and across Maui County, resulting in significant injuries for those involved. If you find yourself dealing with an accident’s painful and overwhelming consequences, you must be aware of your legal options.
By seeking guidance from a knowledgeable personal injury attorney as soon as possible, you will have the best chance of getting justice after being harmed. Our personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner have decades of experience helping injured clients in Wailea and throughout Hawaii get justice. We can help you seek the maximum compensation possible to cover your damages.
Our lawyers will help to educate you about your rights moving forward and fight with you, shoulder to shoulder, every step of the way. Contact our team today to schedule a free consultation at our personal injury law firm at your earliest convenience to get started on your case.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be incredibly confusing. Trying to navigate the legal system may seem nearly impossible while overcoming painful injuries. For this reason, it is essential to seek legal advice from a skilled personal injury attorney immediately. Not only will they provide you with legal guidance and support, but they will also work on your behalf to seek compensation for your injuries.
Some of the ways our personal injury law office can help you include the following:
Gathering Evidence: Right after our first meeting, our personal injury attorney will work on gathering evidence for your case. This includes:
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident.
- Contact any witnesses to the accident. If someone else was involved in the crash, they might be able to provide testimony about what happened.
- Review any police reports or witness statements that were made about the accident. This information can help confirm or disprove witnesses’ accounts of what happened.
Handling Communication with the Insurance Company: Our team will communicate with the insurance company and handle insurance claims on your behalf. We will fight to make sure you are not taken advantage of.
Negotiate on your behalf: Our personal injury lawyers can help you negotiate a fair settlement with the other party involved.
Represent clients in court: If we cannot reach a settlement agreement that accurately reflects your needs and best interests, we will represent you in court.
We are committed to building a solid attorney-client relationship with each person we represent. Our personal injury lawyers will review the information presented, gather strong evidence, and fight to ensure you are able to make a recovery that helps you move forward. Schedule a free consultation with our personal injury law offices today to get started.
Cases We Can Handle for Clients in Wailea, Hawaii
Having a robust legal team by your side while handling your personal injury lawsuit can significantly improve your chances of getting justice. A skilled personal injury lawyer can guide you on whether pursuing a legal claim is the best option. They can also help navigate the complex legal system and provide support throughout the process.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, our personal injury attorneys have decades of experience representing clients across Maui County who have been harmed in accidents through no fault of their own. Over the years, we have handled countless cases for injury clients, including those involving:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Car accident cases
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Recreational Activity Cases
- Product Liability Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability Cases
- Slip and fall
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool
In addition to personal injury cases, we have decades of experience helping bereaved families with wrongful death cases. When someone dies due to another person’s reckless or intentional actions, their family may be able to seek compensation through wrongful death lawsuits. Our personal injury lawyers are experienced in litigating these claims and helping survivors receive the restitution they deserve.
Our legal team can assist with insurance claims, handle your personal injury case paperwork, and help you get justice. If you believe you have been the victim of a wrongful act, our skilled personal injury attorneys will provide you with the support and legal resources you need to build a successful case. Schedule a free consultation at our personal injury law offices today to get started on your case.
The Types of Injuries from Accidents in Wailea, Hawaii
Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be incredibly challenging, even more so if you have suffered a serious injury. Any severe injury can force you to undergo extensive medical care.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we represent clients who have suffered serious injuries in accidents caused by negligence and the reckless actions of others. Some of the most common injuries reported in personal injury cases that we handle include the following:
Compound Fractures: A compound fracture is a fracture that involves two or more bones. Injuries from a compound fracture can be severe and require extensive treatment. Compound fractures are often caused by falls from a height or collisions with other objects.
Neck and Soft Tissue Injuries: These occur when the muscles, tendons, or ligaments that support the head, neck, or spine are injured. Injuries to the neck and soft tissues can be severe. These injuries can occur when someone is hit by a car or falls down stairs. They can also be caused by punches or kicks to the head. Neck and soft tissue injuries often require surgery to repair them.
Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injury is a very serious injury. When the spinal cord is injured, it cannot send messages from the brain to the body muscles. This can lead to paralysis below the level of the injury. Spinal cord injuries require long-term care and may require total disability or partial disability.
Cuts, Scrapes, and Lacerations: A lot of people who are injured in accidents in Wailea, Hawaii, suffer cuts and scratches. These injuries can be caused by broken glass or other sharp objects on the ground after an accident. People also often suffer cuts from pieces of metal that have been left behind after a car crash.
Internal Organ Damage: Many people harmed in accidents across Maui County suffer internal organ damage. This can include damage to the liver or lungs. These injuries can lead to serious health problems and even death in severe cases.
Traumatic Brain Injuries : Traumatic brain injuries are a severe injury that can take months or even years to recover from. Patients may experience problems with memory, concentration, movement, and speech. They may also experience headaches, seizures, and difficulties with thinking or problem-solving. If left untreated, TBI can lead to permanent disabilities or even death.
If you have suffered a serious injury as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation by filing a personal injury case. A skilled personal injury lawyer can help you seek the maximum compensation possible for the damages you face.
Damages Available for Personal Injury Cases
If you have been injured in Wailea, Hawaii, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the damages you have suffered. This can include money for some of the costs and losses you face due to your accident. Filing a personal injury case can help you make a financial recovery for the damages you have suffered as a result of your crash, so you do not have to struggle financially to get the medical care you need.
Some of the damages you can recover compensation for include:
- Medical expenses : Depending on the nature of your injury and your health insurance policy, your medical expenses could include doctor visits and treatments, prescription drugs, hospital bills, and more. If you cannot pay for these expenses yourself, our personal injury lawyer can work with your healthcare provider to get coverage for you.
- Lost wages : This includes income earned during the period you were unable to work and any future earnings you would have been able to earn. You may also be entitled to receive benefits such as unemployment insurance or workers’ compensation.
- Mental anguish : Accidents can cause significant emotional distress for victims. This anguish can last long after the physical wounds have healed. In some cases, victims may need therapy or counseling. If you experience mental anguish as a result of your accident, we can help you recover compensation for these costs.
- Loss of enjoyment of life : This category includes damages for things like the inability to go out or enjoy activities that were once enjoyed. Courts often consider many factors when awarding this type of damage, including whether the injured person had planned to retire soon, how much time was lost from work, and how much money was spent on recreational activities before the accident.
- Loss of consortium : Loss of consortium refers to the loss of companionship or support that a victim might experience due to an injury. If you are injured and believe that your damages should include these types of losses, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer.
- Property damage : This can include damage to vehicles, homes, furniture, and other possessions. Property damage awards are based on the actual value of the damaged property at the time of the accident and any additional costs incurred because of that damage (such as repairs).
- Long-term medical expenses : In most cases, long-term medical expenses are recoverable as damages in a personal injury lawsuit. These expenses include things like medical equipment, medications, rehabilitation, and physical therapy bills. You should also include any lost wages due to your injury.
- Wrongful death benefits : If your loved one has died as a result of an accident, you may be able to recover wrongful death benefits to help cover the costs of funeral expenses, burial fees, and other end-0f-life expenses and losses that you face.
Our attorneys are committed to providing personal attention to each of our clients. While working with us, you can rest assured that you have the most substantial legal help possible to protect your rights and best interests.
Handling Recreational Activity Accident Cases
Recreational activity accidents can be highly traumatic for the victims and costly and time-consuming to handle. You need to take a few steps to ensure you have the best chance of getting justice after being harmed.
When filing a claim, gathering all available evidence of the accident is essential. This may include pictures, videos, eyewitness accounts, and medical records. It is also beneficial to have an accident reconstructionist evaluate the situation to create a detailed report that can be used in court.
If you are injured in a recreational activity accident, it is crucial to seek medical attention as soon as possible. This will help ensure that any injuries sustained are appropriately diagnosed and treated. It can also help to ensure your injuries are documented, which is essential when it comes to pursuing legal action later on.
If you are a victim of a recreational activity accident, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and get the most benefits possible. Our team at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner can help guide you through the complex legal process and fight to get you justice.
If you have questions about your rights or need assistance navigating through the legal process, contact our personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner as soon as possible to schedule a free consultation to get started.
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Offices Today
Our personal injury attorneys at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner have more than three decades of experience helping injured parties in Wailea and across Maui County get justice after being harmed by the reckless and negligent actions of others. We are committed to building a solid attorney-client relationship with each person we work with. Contact our Hawaii personal injury law offices today to schedule a free consultation to get started. Our personal injury lawyers are available at 808-537-2525.