If you have been harmed as a result of an accident in Keokea, you may be able to file a personal injury case against the negligent party that caused the accident. Reach out to our Hawaii personal injury lawyers at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner to schedule a free consultation.
Keokea is a small, yet beautiful community that is enjoyable for residents and visitors alike. Most of the time, people can come and go in and out of the area without any problems. Unfortunately, like anywhere else, there are some instances where people are involved in various types of accidents that leave them seriously harmed.
Many times, these accidents are due to the negligence of one or more parties. For example, if you were injured in a car wreck that was caused by a drunk or distracted driver, that driver’s negligence was the main cause of the harm you endured. When this happens, and because the accident was entirely preventable had the at-fault party exhibited a reasonable duty of care, you have the legal right to seek compensation for the losses you experienced. This can include your medical bills, lost wages, and more, depending on the specific circumstances of your situation.
If you have had the unfortunate experience of suffering injuries as a result of an accident due to the negligence of another person, you should reach out to a Keokea personal injury attorney as soon as possible. You will need experienced and skilled legal representation to secure fair compensation.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we have earned our stellar reputation over the course of several decades by providing top-notch, compassionate representation to people when they need it the most. We handle a wide variety of different types of personal injury cases, and we offer free consultations for all prospective clients. If you think you might have a case, call us now for a free case review.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Keokea
There are many different types of personal injury cases that we have handled for clients in Keokea and across the Hawaiian Islands. Some of the most common types of personal injury matters involve the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Car accident claims
- Truck accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Premises liability accidents
- Slip and fall
- Dog bites
- Fallen object accidents
- Swimming pool incidents
- Product liability claims
- Medical malpractice
- Construction site accidents
- Wrongful death claims
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation for a variety of losses, including things like medical bills, ongoing physical therapy, time off work, and much more. We have extensive experience with all the different types of personal injury scenarios that occur, so we know how to value your case based on what kind of accident you were in, what kinds of injuries you sustained, and how it impacted your overall life.
Damages We Can Help You Recover
The word “damages” refers to the compensation you can seek to be compensated for after being hurt in a personal injury event. Damages are typically categorized as either economic or non-economic.
Economic damages refer to those things that are easily quantifiable, like your medical bills. You can clearly show documentation of the exact costs of your medical care so far, making it easy to know what your loss is as well as calculate your future expected bills.
Non-economic damages refer to things less quantifiable but just as legitimate, such as the pain and suffering you have had to endure as a result of your injuries. There are formulas we can use which are accepted by the courts to determine the financial value of your non-economic damages.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we are fully devoted to assisting our clients in obtaining monetary compensation for all of the damages they have suffered, both economic and non-economic. Some of the damages that we can help you recover after your accident may include:
- Medical Bills: Our goal is to secure the necessary funds not only for current medical care but also for any future care you may require for the best possible quality of life.
- Lost Wages: You may be unable to return to work for a period of time after becoming injured. Some people, in fact, are rendered permanently disabled and unable to ever go back to work. Others may be able to perform some work duties but cannot work in the same career as before their accident. When this happens, you deserve to be compensated adequately for your lost wages as well as your future earning capacity. Financial experts are helpful in establishing the total value you may be losing over the course of the rest of your life by being unable to work, either at all or at the same income level you did before.
- Pain, Suffering,and Mental Anguish: Many people injured in accidents face extreme mental anguish. Conditions like anxiety and depression are extremely common for those who have endured serious, debilitating injuries. The law states that you have the right to seek to be compensated for this suffering.
At Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner, we know how to build comprehensive claims that include all of the damages you have endured and will continue to endure as a result of your injuries. If you attempt to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company without legal representation, it’s entirely possible you will end up agreeing to a settlement amount that may seem attractive at first but will ultimately prove to be far less than what you will actually need to cover all of your related expenses throughout the course of the rest of your life.
If you have suffered a serious injury in an accident caused by someone else’s reckless, negligent, or malicious actions, don’t wait to get legal advice about your situation. Contact our law office in Honolulu to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Keokea personal injury lawyer. During this consultation, we will listen to the details of your accident and advise you about all of the legal options available to help you move forward. Let us be your advocates on the path to recovery and justice.
Helping Your Family After a Wrongful Death
If your loved one has died as a result of an accident that was caused by careless or negligent actions, our personal injury lawyers will fight to ensure your family is able to hold the responsible person or persons accountable for what happened. Similar to other types of personal injury claims, a wrongful death claim will allow the estate representative or certain surviving family members to seek compensation for things like funeral and burial expenses, medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Although no amount of compensation can ever replace your loved one, having the legal resources you need to cover all of the financial burdens you face as a result of the loss goes a long way toward helping your family move forward. Filing a successful wrongful death lawsuit can remove the financial burdens you will likely otherwise face, so your family can focus on grieving and healing together.
How Our Personal Injury Attorney Makes a Difference
There are many reasons why you should retain legal counsel following a personal injury or wrongful death. As mentioned previously, it is likely that if the insurance company for the responsible party offers you a settlement at all, it will not be enough to cover the full range of expenses you will experience. The inherent risk of going it alone is that you don’t have the experience or knowledge to really know the true cost of your damages. A skilled and experienced attorney will be a protective voice of reason that can show you how much your case is actually worth and help make sure your compensation matches that.
There are many ways having an attorney represent you in a personal injury matter will benefit you and your family. Everything we do is with your well-being in mind. We take care of all the heavy lifting so you can focus on your family during this very trying time. Here are the services that are included when you retain us as your legal counse:
- Case Investigation: Our team knows exactly where to look to get the evidence needed to make your claim. We will obtain and review all pertinent documentation, including police reports, statements made by witnesses, medical records, and anything else that may be relevant. We may also tap resources to help prove your case, such as medical experts and accident reconstructionists, when necessary.
- Build Your Claim: We will write a demand letter that explains how the at-fault party caused your injuries and what the extent of your damages are. We will also strategically build your case to be prepared to file suit and, if necessary, go to trial, should settlement negoitations not produce a favorable outcome.
- Communicate on Your Behalf: Your Keokea personal injury lawyer will handle all correspondence with the relevant insurance companies, lawyers for the opposing party, insurance company, and court. We will file all necessary documentation by the deadlines and ensure all communications we make on your behalf meet with your approval.
- Negotiate a Settlement: We have the skills to carefully negotiate a fair settlement for you and your family that covers all of your economic and non-economic damages. We know how to make a strong argument that will likely deter the opposing party from wanting to proceed to trial; most of our cases are settled for fair amounts before things go that far.
- Represent You in Court: In the unlikely event that your case does not settle, we will be prepared to take it to trial to seek a a jury award or verdict. We build every case from the beginning so that it is ready to argue in court should the need arise. While most personal injury matters are best handled by agreement to a settlement beforehand, if the opposing party refuses to do so, we will be ready to fairly represent you in court.
There is no reason why you should have to suffer financially due to an injury that you did not bring upon yourself. We genuinely care about every client we represent, and you will never feel alone in this situation as long as we are representing you. We will keep you informed every step of the way, answer any questions you may have, and ensure that your unique needs are being addressed as we navigate through your journey to obtaining compensation.
Contact Our Honolulu Personal Injury Law Firm Today
We have a proven track record of securing fair compensation for people who have sustained serious and catastrophic injuries, or lost a loved one, due to someone else’s negligence. For several decades, our lawyers have worked diligently for the people of Keokea and all over Hawaii to ensure that justice is being served in situations where injuries occured that were entirely preventable. Not only do we want to make sure people get compensated fairly, but we want to do everything in our power to deter people from acting carelessly in the future. Our goal is to minimize how many preventable accidents occur across the Hawaiian Islands, and to make our beautiful home a safer place for everyone.
We handle all personal injury matters and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we only get paid when we secure compensation for you. We will never ask you to pay a retainer or any upfront fees, nor will you be expected to pay for any of our services out of pocket. Instead, we will agree on a percentage of your final payout. This way, you can still seek compensation even if you think you cannot afford a lawyer.
If you find yourself injured as a result of another person’s negligence, or they have caused the death of your loved one, reach out to our Hawaii personal injury law firm today at 808-537-2525 to see how we can help. Don’t wait another day to get the support and assistance you need during this challenging time.