Aiea, HI – Two-Vehicle Injury Collision on I-H1 at Ka’ahumanu
July 14, 2022
Aiea, HI (July 13, 2022) – On Thursday, July 13th, emergency responders and the Honolulu Police Department responded to the scene of a two-vehicle impact in Aiea.
According to a local source, the incident occurred at about 12:00 p.m. in the eastbound lanes of Interstate H1 between the Waimalu on-ramp and the Ka’ahumanu overpass.
The Freeway Service Patrol and EMTs were also dispatched to the scene. Bystanders reported seeing them load one person into an ambulance. Their current condition has not been made known.
This accident is being investigated by the HPD.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Compensation for Car Accidents in Hawaii
When assessing what recovery you may be entitled to, a practiced attorney can evaluate your damages and aggressively seek your resources. We can assist injured victims in obtaining various forms of compensation, including:
- Medical Costs: Compensation for medical expenses can cover a wide variety of things. Co-pays or emergency room costs, cognitive therapy, physiotherapy, consultation expenses, medical devices, and home carers can all contribute to the massive pile of bills that accident victims are often inundated with. Along with the damages listed above, an attorney should also be able to secure compensation for any anticipated medical expenses.
- Lost Wages: It is not uncommon for victims to be unable to go back to work either temporarily or permanently. In the event that an injury is so serious, that you are forced to miss a substantial amount of work, it should be included in your compensation.
- Pain and Suffering: A skilled attorney can effectively pursue financial compensation for the pain and emotional anguish that collision victims often experience. This amount varies from case to case and is based on the type and severity of your injuries. To be eligible for this compensation you will have to file a lawsuit or a third-party claim.
- Property Damage: If your vehicle or another form of personal property was damaged in a car accident, your compensation needs to include the cost of repairing or replacing the broken or damaged items.
- Loss of Companionship: Sometimes, one spouse is so badly injured in a car accident that it hurts their marriage. The uninjured spouse could be left without the companionship or emotional support they looked forward to and would have otherwise enjoyed. This form of compensation is also only available via a lawsuit or a third-party claim.
In the weeks following a motor vehicle accident, related damages will quickly start to stack up. A personal injury attorney can help you pursue full financial compensation for the damages you have endured, and determine if you need to file a claim with a third party or through your own insurance company.
Reach out to a Hawaii accident attorney at Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner as quickly as possible by calling (808) 537-2525 to schedule a complimentary consultation regarding your potential case to discover what legal options are available to you.
Notes: Our team of writers uses secondary sources such as news reports, and local and state police incident reports to create these posts. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this particular accident so if there is any information that is incorrect, please contact Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner right away so that we can update the post right away to reflect the most accurate information available.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. None of the information in this post is intended to be legal advice or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical assistance immediately.